Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I Try to Remind Myself

I try to remind myself that everything will be worth it in the end: I say that hopefully, but not assuredly. Sometimes even when people tell me that college will "get better", it really doesn't seem like it has so far. I mean, I go home in a little over a month and I feel kinda crappy about my entire freshman year. Just like always, I feel like there is something I could have done better: could have been less shy to people, could have studied more, could have gone to that review session, could of done this and that and blah blah blah...But it is what it is. It's easier to tell myself than to actually believe it. I wish I had more confidence and could look back and say, "wow...I really kicked ass!" But...this is college. I have to remind myself that even though I had straight A's in high school, it doesn't say much about my performance here. Everything is so different; I'm even learning things I'm not used to. Hell, I had never touched a pig, cow, or sheep in my life until I came here. I can't be expected to know everything the first time around. But I'm trying...

1 comment:

  1. You will know everything and you must! :P:P

    Hang in there...I won't lie to you though...nothing really gets better. Life is...well, messy.

    ReplyDelete